Friday, September 12, 2008

Post originally published Thursday, February 21, 2008 - but I needed to delete some unpleasant comments (nasty spam type stuff) so I'm reposting now since I can't find any way to remove those comments...

my hundred plus cross stitch patterns
Whoa - I'm ever so chatty today!Probably cause I can't hardly talk with my darned cold - I'm bubbling over and have to type? I wanted to share a link to my collection of antique cross stitch patterns http://picasaweb.google.com/sandrarose2007/AntiqueCrossStitchThese are all over a hundred years old, and are shared freely and permit you to share them as well - as long as you don't sell the patterns or documents.http://www.antiquepatternlibrary.org If you have an aweful lot of hard drive space, and even more time, check this treasure trove of olden gems! Beautiful, and actively seeking and adding new ones.If you are downloading from the antiquepatternlibrary - watch on the pdf's for the link to 'university of arizona' (gosh I hope I'm remembering that right! it's some kind of .edu anyway). Now the site says it's about weaving - but they have an absolute ton of lace, crochet (filet crochet is very adaptable to cross stitch!!) and other fiber related passions. I'll find the link eventually...http://www.lamaisondanael.com/livrets_nouveaux/anciens.htm You'll see antique book covers that are clickable and downloadable when opened. Very beautiful old documents - I absolutely adore them!Have fun checking them out - but don't forget your family needs you too - LoL

No comments: