Saturday, January 7, 2012

WIPocalypse List 2012

All my posts about the 2012 WIPocalypse are being tagged with, you guessed it, 2012 WIPocalypse. Click on the 2012 WIPocalypse tag at the bottom of this list, and you'll get all my 2012 WIPocalypse pictures and ramblings . . .

- create useable space and work areas in my home by organizing or purging clutter

- reduce the amount of craft and pattern cd's and make them more useable by organizing them onto dvd's, and create online backups and browsable cover lists (possibly enhance this by using 'library-thing' online - AND update my library at Ravelry)

- crocheted rugs - nine sheets in torn strips are ready to sew together, then crochet. Finish them.

- crocheted rugs - at least 10 sheets are needing to be torn, and sewn, and crocheted. Finish them.

- several pounds of raw fleece is needing washing before it can by carded. Finish it.
- 3 pounds of pitch black llama
- 2 pounds of white corriedale
- 2 pounds of brown/black Welsh Mountain Sheep
- 5 pounds of white unknown local breed
- 1 pound (maybe more) of chiengora to wash, but this will increase in spring. Get busy and finish last years, cause this year is gonna be a BUMPER crop! Finish it.

- blue/grey ribbed cowl. Finish it.

- needlepoint grizzly bear. Finish it.

- redwork embroidered sleeping cat quilt blocks. Finish them.

- embroidered cards. A box full of punched and ready to work. Finish them.

- hand drawn and printed design patterns need to organized and filed in a useable manner. Gather them all together, sort, file. I still need to come up with a way to organize and store the larger rolled up ones. Maybe a stack of cardboard mailing tubes on their sides? Figure it out, and Finish it.

- several more cardboard magazine holders need to be covered with mac-tack so they are dustable, and less ugly. Finish them.

- quilts. Finish them.
- log cabin Christmas quilt
- log cabin 'samples' quilt
- yellow paper piecing quilt
- flannel hexie lap quilt

Phew. Well, that's not ALL my WIP's but it's all I feel like listing at the moment. I think a couple of the quilts 'may' get removed from the list, we'll see how it goes. And I know there are a few other things to add, but if I want to be successful at finishing these for myself, I should make my goals 'DO-ABLE'. I here-by give myself permission to divide my projects into UFO's and WIP's. I always have trouble with that. If I change my way of thinking about these projects - and decide what I AM working on as a WIP and what is getting put away and forgiven as a UFO then maybe I will concentrate on a few and actually get them done! We shall see :-)

No comments: