Sunday, May 30, 2010

~removing trim


~removing trim
Originally uploaded by Sandra Rose

Saturday May 29-2010

Oh so very full of ideas and plans... But I'm still living in the middle of chaos and clutter. As much as things change, they stay the same. I should embroider that! Oh what a good IDEA! ha.

In my daily search of the internet for the elusive meaning of life, I came across a neat blog (another neat blog - imagine that) with a nice way of documenting your WIP's and UFO's. She borrowed it from someone, I think I'll borrow it from her.

http://www.thedailymel.com/2010/01/01/new-year-new-theme-new-goals/

And while I'm linking to her ideas - I just may have actually FOUND the meaning of life! Check the first item in her 'New Stash'. THIS must be added to my stash - oh yes.
http://www.thedailymel.com/2009/11/23/new-stash-part-2/

I do like this blog! Ok, here's a link to a totally useless SAL - HA! I love it! Displaying your orts and scrips in a pretty see through container... so cool. You know the Japanese have an actual tradition of keeping bent and broken needles and pins over the year. At the begining of the new year, they are offered it up to some spirit in thankfulness for thier use and in hopes of illiciting prosperity and productivity in the coming year... cool. So not TOTALLY useless...
http://dragonmyneedle.blogspot.com/2009/01/progress-and-new-sal.html


I want to mention that I've decided I need to be a Domestic Diva. First I need to trully understant what a Domestic Diva actually IS and is NOT, DOES and does NOT, though.

Sooooo.....

A Domestic Diva DOES:
- wear aprons - pretty aprons - pretty pressed aprons
- have an ironing board she can use - with an ironing pad - big enough to iron her pillowcases and tablecloths and aprons
- sweep and vaccume her floors every day
- get more than 5 hours sleep a night - at least 3 hours more than 5...
- have freinds over from time to time
- ,ummm, have freinds...
- have curtains on curtain rods.


A Domestic Diva does NOT:
- keep dead plants - for years - and years
- pile her clean laundry nearly to the ceiling - really - only three feet to go.


Do you have an 'IS' or 'is NOT' to add to this? Leave me a comment - I really want to know!


Some serious challenges in my little home:
- much much dog dust fluff and etc.
Cope/Solve by: keeping things covered with fabric and wash regularly?

have less stuff to get covered with dust fluff etc.?
keeping things in easy to wipe/vaccume off boxes/containers?
set up a grooming station for the beasts and use it regularly?
landscape the yard to a groundcover (bark mulch? super-duper hardy grass variety?) ???

- opposite work schedules to my partner
Cope/Solve by: ??? drawing a blank here ???
? stay in contact with notes?
? set up a calendar/communication book/poster?
? commit to regular 'meetings' to address issues/commitments/challenges?

- very limited budget and rather cumbersome debt commitments
Cope/Solve by: !!! ack !!! I don't even want to think about it... (hmmm, that could be an issue?)



Ok, even though I know I really want to be up off my ASS, and making some positive moves on my new attitude, I'm still sitting here on the computer looking for 'the answer'... But look what I
found! A bee! A Queen Bee! A Queen Wanna-Bee!!! I love it, and I think I need to embroider it and make it my 'motto sampler'. Yes. That will change everything. Ahhhhhh.

http://susimac.blogspot.com/2010/04/new-finish.html

And one more lovely blog - lovely - lovely :-) that I must save for another day...
http://thetwistedstitcher.blogspot.com/ Pretty pretty embroidery here. I must come back and stay for awhile.

~ quick note added 2:30 am while I'm winding down from work ~
And yet one more lovely blog, with an interesting post that I want to re-read when I'm not sooo bleary eyed http://historicstitcher.blogspot.com/2010/04/stressed-and-productive.html

She's a 'freind' on Ravely - I havn't been visiting there much lately - perhaps I'll begin again since I found a UBER-cool free charted sock pattern and there are many projects of it on the go there... and of course I'm envisioning altering the knitting chart with sampler motifs - beside the point entirely... awesome another idea, another project, another bag of stash...


. . . soooooo . . . without FURTHER adou . . .
(borrowed and revised to suit my own challenges, from http://www.thedailymel.com/2010/01/01/new-year-new-theme-new-goals/ )


Craft Control

Finishes - Completed (Completed!) works
- glory in the accomplishment!
- take pictures, brag, flickr, blog about it!
- display it and use it, or gift wrap it and send it OFF!!!!!
- a very helpful link! http://focusonfinishing.wordpress.com/

WIPs - Works in Progress
- must have worked on them in the last 12 months to be considered a WIP
- ? include an index card with each project with notes when it was worked on, where the full size pattern is, what thread is missing/changed/etc, what disk the photos of it are on, etc etc ?


UFO - UnFinished Object
- if you have not worked on a project in the preceding 12 months you can no longer consider it a WIP (work in progress), and move it to UFO (unfinished object) status instead.
- ? how many UFO's are too many UFO's ? Consider a limit, 100 projects? 10 cubit feet of storage? 50 pounds worth?

StRIP (Stash Reduction Implementation Plan)
- come up with one!


personal interests list

photography
writing, pondering

recipe collections
preserves and canning
gardening, havesting
thrift store treasure hunting, thrifty methods, make-do ideas and projects

drawing
vintage patterns - embroidery AND other craft...
antique and vintage books and digital images

medieval arts and crafts - ohhh so pretty!

embroidery of any kind
spinning - ohhh so fluffy!
knitting/crochet

stained glass
scrapbooking - paper and digital

No comments: